Care for your Waxed Canvas
First, here's some DONT'S:
- Never wash your cover in the washing machine.
- Never use warm or hot water to clean the waxed canvas.
- Never have your cover dry cleaned.
- Never use detergent, solvent or starch.
- Never let your GlamSwag sit in a hot car as the wax can melt and stain anything it's sitting on.
How to clean my waxed canvas:
- Shake or brush off dirt, sand or any other abrasive material
- For small spots, use cold water and mild soap, and a sponge or brush.
- With a little soap, gently massage the spotted surface.
- Rinse with a sponge and cold water. Let the bag air dry.
Re-Waxing Your GlamSwag:
Depending on how much hard use your GlamSwag gets, at some time you may consider re-waxing it. This can be done professionally or at home.
- Use Otter Wax or Martexin Wax, or an approved product, made for this purpose, only.
- GlamSwag should be clean and dry.
- Lay as flat as possible using a table or the floor.
- Place several sheets of newspaper inside the cover between the waxed canvas bottom and the cotton plaid top.
- Using a soft cloth to apply the wax, rub down the entire bag as evenly as possible.
- If the wax isn’t pliable enough, warm it slightly by submerging the container in warm water or wax the bag and then let it sit in the sun to soften and impregnate the canvas.
- Here's a link to a great blog on the subject: